Townhill Park Gardens (the Gregg School)

Townhill Park, Boudoir Garden

Boudoir Garden

Designed by Gertrude Jekyll in 1911 for Lord Swathling, the gardens of Townhill Park had fallen into dereliction by 1990. The Trust intervened and offered research and support for restoration of the remaining parts of the park and gardens, which after the sale of the site to the Gregg School in 1994, resulted in the formation of a Friends of Townhill Park Group. The Trust has continued to support the Friends over the ensuing years with, amongst other things, grants towards restoration of the wooden pergola in the Boudoir Garden and major works on the much larger pergola in the sunken garden.

Townhill Park

Townhill Park larger pergola

Pergola at Townhill Park House Gardens after restoration

Back to Projects Completed

Caring for Hampshire's gardens and designed landscapes Jermyns House, Jermyns Lane, Ampfield SO51 0QA | Telephone: 01794 367752 | Email: admin@hgt.org.uk Registered Charity No: 289378